Jacob Ruff House

In 1829 John Ruff built this home as further living space for his family and a showroom for his hat factory.  In 1850 he deeded the home to his son, Jacob, who later served as treasurer of Virginia Military Institute.  In 1974 Historic Lexington Foundation sold the home to a local realtor who adapted it as his office.  Kim and Chuck Cory purchased the building in June 2014 and have lovingly restored it to a home.